Thursday, February 19, 2015

Quick Grocery Trip


I usually do my grocery shopping on the weekends, however last weekend I forgot to pick up my son's preschool snack for his class. While I was there I took a few pictures of some of my tips that make my busy mom life easier. I wanted to share them with you in this quick post. 


When I first walked in I noticed that Asparagus was $0.97/lb.  This is an amazing deal! I eat a lot of Asparagus because it is easy to prepare, taste good and loaded with nutrients and antioxidants. If you live near an HEB, go by and get some while it is on sale. 



Next, I saw my favorite chicken breast. This chicken breast is natural frozen and already grilled. All you have to do is place the chicken breast in the oven for 15 minutes. Let it cool. Then dice the chicken, portion it out (for those in my 21 day fix group use your red container to portion out) and place the chicken into snack baggies. Then into the fridge they go for the week. 


This makes my week so easy. For lunch, I grab a bag of chicken and throw it on top of my salad or put it in a wrap. 



The preschool teacher asked me to bring carrots, ranch and crackers for snack. A co-worker of mine taught me about this yogurt ranch dressing. Now I do prefer to make my own dressings at home, however this is a great healthier alternative to ranch dressing. 


Large gallon bags! Time saver tip – use these bags to marinate your meat. Place the meat in the bag along with your seasonings, shake and then store in the refrigerator until you are ready to prepare your meat. I also use these when making sweet potato fries, chicken tenders, pretty much anything that can all be thrown together and mixed. 



Last but not least, I saw my microwave egg poacher at HEB for only $3.97. They also had a microwave omelet maker. If you aren’t into making your eggs in the microwave, you could use a small skillet like this. It’s small and easy to clean up. Those are just a few tips I use! Let me know if you try any of them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment