Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Homemade Quinoa Protein bars


These are fantastic!! Early on in my journey, I would make these at least once a week to satisfy my sweet tooth.  Also, my kids love them. They call them cookies. I prefer them to eat this instead of processed cookies and junk food. You must give them a try!! Enjoy!



Ingredients:
2 cups cooked quinoa (I prefer the red quinoa as it has a little nutty texture)
½ cup natural peanut butter
3 Tablespoons Honey
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
1 banana mashed
1 egg
½ cup unsweetened, shredded conconut
½ cup chocolate chunks (I actually use mini chocolate chips)

Directions:
Mix first 4 ingredients well. Add next 5 ingredients, spread out on parchment paper lined pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Once they are cooled, I use a pizza cutter to cut them into little bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment