Thursday, June 18, 2015

Find Your Balance





I believe life is all about balance! Sure I'm passionate about being healthy and strong. But I don't let it dictate everything I do. I eat sweet treats and drink wine. I love those things! I just choose not to allow them to control me and my health.

And I don't feel guilty about having them. Life is meant to be lived to the fullest, but moderation is definitely key.

Summertime, vacations, birthdays, holidays, and other celebrations are most certainly times to celebrate special moments and make wonderful memories. They shouldn't be spent worrying about cheating or weight gain. That's where healthy balance comes in.

I totally practice the 80/20 rule. I aim to eat clean and get my workout in 80% of the time, so when those events roll around, I can indulge and treat myself without feeling guilty.

It's not about depriving yourself all the time, but creating new habits to replace old ones that weren't working for you. These are the type of things I teach in my challenge groups and to my coaches. I'm not always at 100%. That is NOT attainable. But balance is!

Message me at aplayo@gmail.com if you want to know more about the 1:1 coaching I offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment